Sunday, January 4, 2009

Some Tips for Being Happy- Face The Contradictions


I have the privilege of working with a number of people in a variety of different ways, and a few of them have a great deal of sadness and difficulty dealing with the reality of the fact that life is completely full of contradictions, slice it up how you like. I ran across these tips on an interesting blog called "The Happiness Project." (located here) These tips are all about embracing the contradictions that life is full of, rather than tying yourself in knots trying to make everything make sense.

The tips are:

  1. Accept yourself, but expect more of yourself.
  2. Keep an empty shelf, and keep a junk drawer.
  3. Take yourself less seriously—and take yourself more seriously.
  4. Use your time efficiently, yet make time to play, to wander, to read at whim, to fail.
  5. Think about yourself so you can forget yourself.
  6. The days are long, but the years are short.

Words, it seems to me, to get comfortable with. (And goodness knows I've got the second half of #2 more than covered! ) I'm going to try to use them to help support my sanity in 2009. How about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment