Saturday, January 31, 2009

Earning Money Online 101


Well I've been casting about for more guidance about how to earn money online with my skillset and what I'm reading is pretty clear. I can sum it up in one word.

PATIENCE.


Too bad I was born without very much.

For example, I'm a writer among various other things, and I'm branching out to sell some stuff I've written to content purchasers, e.g. Triond.

Triond supposedly pays better than a lot of the content guys (such as Associated Content and so on.) but just like AC, it all depends on how many pageviews your content generates.

Just like blogging.

And how does one generate more pageviews? Far as I can tell, it's done with a combination of things that seem to have been lost in our modern society to a degree.... patience and perserverence. Oh yeah, and hard work.

I'm not averse to hard work, and neither is the ever-fabulous Mr. Sanity, and due to the global marketplace and our global economy, we are now competing with people in so-called "developing nations" who are happy to work for $1 to, say, write an article of a thousand words.

(I put quotations around the "developing nations" bit because I think this one is still developing, too.... here in the good ole USA...but once again, I digress...)

Anyway... my job as a blogger is to add value to your life. If I can' t do that, in one way or another, then this is a waste of everyone's time and effort.

So, accordingly, if you landed here because you are looking for ways to make money on line, I'm going to send you on to some places where you can do so. But in all cases, just like me, you're going to almost certainly have some patience.

Here's the list. I'm afraid I didn't link to them, but the info should be here for you to just cut and paste into your browser address bar. If you're not quite sure what that means, than you may need to scale down your expectations for making money online (with all due respect!)

Ebay.com
AssociatedContent.com
Bonanzle.com
squidoo.com
Suite101.com (They only accept certain writers. This may be a good thing...but on the other hand they behave as though there is no interest or market in first person voice written articles. Hullo... that's why there's ten bazillion blogs out there on the internet!)

Well, there will be more where that came from. In the event you're feeling particularly charitable, have a look at my first TrionD offerings, it's about Health Care in the US and how the UK managed to offer health care to all their citizens...

It's located here


Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment